ExpeditersOnline.com
Try Hours
Bolt Express

cargo van winter tires?

i have a 06 chev and was looking to see what winter tires are the best out there?

2. Be Home Every Weekend!!!
    Nations Express
    Nations Express has immediate opening for Owner Operators in our Truck Load Service. When you become a partner in the Nations Express Truck Load Service Division you will be home every weekend. Driver for a company that understands you have people and events waiting for you at home. Nations Express Truck Load Offers: $1.10 Per mile loaded plus FSC $0.85 Per mile empty plus FSC Weekly Settlements/Direct Deposit Free 2012 and 2013 model dry van trailers Haz Mat Pay Extra Stop Off Pay Detention Pay Com Data Fuel Card Satellite Communications 24 Dispatch No Truck Age Limit Rider Program No Pet Restrictions Mileage Bonus Requirements 21 YRS of Age 1 YR Over the Road Experience Acceptable Driving Record HAZ MAT Endorsement

3. 1,272901,33728,8

Re: cargo van winter tires?

I have used Bridgestone Dueler's for the last 3 years on my 03 GMC, They have a Decent Aggressive Tread Pattern, and with care you will get over 100,000 Miles out ofthem.
    Owner operator since 1979
    Expeditor since 1997
    Ironhorse Expedited Services LLC
    PTL#739
    OOIDA Member#962431

5. 2,272967,33728,8

pretty much any tire with a semi aggressive tread will do...most get 100,000 miles plus...or 160,000 kms in our language...hahaha
    Drive less...Make more...$$$...

It's not how much you run,
    It's how much you run for... $$$

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.
    Thomas Jefferson

7. 3,272974,33728,8

2 of he best snows out there are the Blizzak w965 and the Nokian Hakkapaletta LT. Both come in 10 ply. The blizzak around here was around $220 each and the nokian was just under $200. I wish they make the nokian wr in LT sizes and load capacity but not so, as it is an all weather with snow tire rating and it really does work as I have them on my cars.
    Rob

9. 4,273040,33728,8

Quote Originally Posted by FIS53 View Post
    2 of he best snows out there are the Blizzak w965 and the Nokian Hakkapaletta LT. Both come in 10 ply. The blizzak around here was around $220 each and the nokian was just under $200. I wish they make the nokian wr in LT sizes and load capacity but not so, as it is an all weather with snow tire rating and it really does work as I have them on my cars.
    Rob
    220!!!!
    Excuse me but I've NEVER ever paid that much for a tire...my last ones were 83.00 each....and last 155,000 miles...And never got stuck either...Coopers E rated..10 ply

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.
    Thomas Jefferson

11. 5,273064,33728,8

there are a pair of cooper discovery tires in my garage that came with the van.

jack berry & gracie berry
    2008 ford e-350 hcv
    ooida member 889111

"the cure for rejection is-being able to see yourself as God sees you. It means announcing, "I am what God says I am, I have what God says I have, therefore, I can do what God says I can do". So even if you didn;t get off to a good start, you can still have a great finish"-Bob Gass

http://www.expeditersonline.com/foru...r-threads.html

http://www.expeditersonline.com/foru...n-threads.html

13. 6,273569,33728,8

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Berry View Post
    there are a pair of cooper discovery tires in my garage that came with the van.
    and that means??

Thomas Jefferson

15. 7,273723,33728,8

Well OVM if you want the name brands like Michelin for your Sprinter then the average price for the 225-75-16E is $217 per tire. This is Canada where a lot of items are over priced. Now yes that includes installation and new valve and balancing but not the taxes.
    I can get lower priced tires but seveal do not work well on the sprinters, like some Hankook and others. Either too aggressive tread (noise and rough ride) or cheap compound and don't last. Yes they have us in a tight spot for pricing of tires here and quality costs.
    Rob

17. 8,273747,33728,8

Quote Originally Posted by FIS53 View Post
    Well OVM if you want the name brands like Michelin for your Sprinter then the average price for the 225-75-16E is $217 per tire. This is Canada where a lot of items are over priced. Now yes that includes installation and new valve and balancing but not the taxes.
    I can get lower priced tires but seveal do not work well on the sprinters, like some Hankook and others. Either too aggressive tread (noise and rough ride) or cheap compound and don't last. Yes they have us in a tight spot for pricing of tires here and quality costs.
    Rob
    Why don't you buy them down here? If thats what you want...some states are only like 2 bucks recycle fee and only 7% tax...and still still count for tax write-off. Belle Tire in Mi you get FREE Stems and balancing and they even have FREE Nitro if you want to try it...

Thomas Jefferson

19. 9,273806,33728,8

The kicker these days Ken is the currency. A R265 Bridgestone for a Sprinter is $164 at Tire Rack .com (pretty good pricing).

Add 20 % for the currency now and the tire is 186.80 plus the tax (which unlike GST you don't get back) which I think is 8% in Indy and now your at $212. Dunno about Belle tire, they won't put prices up on their web site.

I've stopped buying a lot of things in the US because it just doesn't pay to anymore. It STINKS!!!

I do agree 220 is a lot but Rob is talking about a real winter tire (blizzak) vs one that has good tread. I had Michelin Latitude X ice tires on the pickup last winter and they were way better than even a set of new LTX's. I had to sacrifice some load capacity though.

Be glad you aren't regi'd in Que, Winter tires are the law this year!! Snow used to be the only think that would slow a Quebecois down to a safe speed, now what!!

21. 10,273820,33728,8

Quote Originally Posted by piper1 View Post
    The kicker these days Ken is the currency. A R265 Bridgestone for a Sprinter is $164 at Tire Rack .com (pretty good pricing).

Add 20 % for the currency now and the tire is 186.80 plus the tax (which unlike GST you don't get back) which I think is 8% in Indy and now your at $212. Dunno about Belle tire, they won't put prices up on their web site.

I've stopped buying a lot of things in the US because it just doesn't pay to anymore. It STINKS!!!

I do agree 220 is a lot but Rob is talking about a real winter tire (blizzak) vs one that has good tread. I had Michelin Latitude X ice tires on the pickup last winter and they were way better than even a set of new LTX's. I had to sacrifice some load capacity though.

Be glad you aren't regi'd in Que, Winter tires are the law this year!! Snow used to be the only think that would slow a Quebecois down to a safe speed, now what!!
    Indiana..bad example...they just raised their state tax....3 months ago they would have been a bargain when the buck was par or even better...but I see your point...get a friend to buy them that has a prp plate and be Ontario tax exempt as well...

Thomas Jefferson

23. 11,273865,33728,8