ExpeditersOnline.com
Try Hours
Bolt Express
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Mitt Romney defends foreign policy as polls slip

Mitt Romney defends foreign policy as polls slip

BBC

Mitt Romney has defended his criticism of President Barack Obama's foreign policy, as new US polls suggest the president is ahead with voters.

In an interview with ABC News, Mr Romney described as "inappropriate" a US embassy response to an anti-Islam film which sparked protests.

The Republican candidate added he would like to bring Egypt "closer" to the US.

Polls released a week after the end of the US party conventions show Mr Obama leading nationally and in swing states.

A survey of likely voters shows Mr Obama leading the contest by 3% nationally.

The New York Times/CBS poll also suggested Mr Obama had a strong lead among women, but was less popular with those describing themselves as independents.

A separate poll focussing on swing states seen as crucial to Mr Romney's election chances suggests Mr Obama is holding slight leads in Florida, Virginia and Ohio.

Foreign policy criticism

Mr Romney has been criticised by pundits and Democrats for attacking the Obama administration before the situation in Egypt and Libya became clear. His actions were also questioned by conservatives and Republicans.

In a statement issued late on Tuesday, he said the administration appeared to "sympathise with those who waged the attacks".

He was referring to a statement issued by the US embassy in Cairo before protesters there breached the compound - and before it was known Ambassador J Christopher Stevens had been killed in an attack in Libya.

Mr Romney stood by his criticism of the administration as events unfolded on Wednesday, despite a lack of firm support from his Republican party.

In his ABC interview on Friday, Mr Romney said Egypt's relationship with the US was in flux.

"We recognise that Egypt has gone through a dramatic change in government. And what their status will be going forward in terms of the relationship with our nation is something which I'm sure will be developing over time.

"That being said, I would like to bring Egypt closer to us. I think it's important for them to understand that it's an advantage to have a close relationship with the United States, to be an ally of the United States

more
    BBC News - Mitt Romney defends foreign policy as polls slip

Regards

Sue

Julia Turner Creation
    Remind yourself that it's ok not to be perfect

William Shakespeare

Listen to many, speak to a few.

2. Dedicated Team Runs! Sign On Bonus
    Nations Express
    Nations Express has dedicated team runs! You can have a dedicated run in these lanes: Chicago to Miami Houston to Miami JFK Airport to Miami Routes pay to $1.70 a mile. Nations Express offers: Weekly Settlements Direct Deposit Com Data Fuel Card 24 Hour Dispatch Assistance Satellite Communications 2012 and 2013 Model Trailers Requirements: 21 Years of Age HAZ MAT Endorsement Acceptable MVR

3. 1,564085,55517,21

Re: Mitt Romney defends foreign policy as polls slip

Guess it just depends on who's poll you want to look at:

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™
    Friday, September 14, 2012

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows Mitt Romney attracting support from 48% of voters nationwide, while President Obama earns 45% of the vote.
    bobwg likes this.
    There are people in need of help. Charity is one of the nobler human motivations. The act of reaching into one's own pockets to help a fellow man in need is praiseworthy and laudable. Reaching into someone else's pocket is despicable and worthy of condemnation.
    --Walter E. Williams

"Idealism is fine, but as it approaches reality, the costs become prohibitive."

"The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry."
    --William F. Buckley

"When dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right."
    -- Victor Hugo

#252 Chevy Cargo Max

OOIDA Member, #934277

Part of the
    LOAD 1 CheerLeader Crew!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqD6uCWQDVc

5. 2,564091,55517,21

Quote Originally Posted by chefdennis View Post
    Guess it just depends on who's poll you want to look at:

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™
    Friday, September 14, 2012
    Oh I'm not getting involved in the polls Dennis LOL.

The bit about defending his foreign policy is what caught my attention

Regards

Sue

Julia Turner Creation

William Shakespeare

7. 3,564093,55517,21

I get the feeling Mitt Romney would allow US Marines to carry live ammo and defend US embassies and personnel. If we aren't going to protect our government officials abroad, then shut down the embassies and consulates in countries where radical Muslims have a history of violence towards Americans.

We have a moral obligation to defend our nation's representatives abroad. How can we ask them to live and work in the face of such barbarity without guaranteeing their safety?
    chefdennis and EasyDoesIt like this.

9. 4,564103,55517,21

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishLady View Post
    Oh I'm not getting involved in the polls Dennis LOL.

The bit about defending his foreign policy is what caught my attention
    Nothing wrong with what Romney has said regarding his foreign policy so far.

11. 5,564105,55517,21

Quote Originally Posted by muttly View Post
    Nothing wrong with what Romney has said regarding his foreign policy so far.

Not everyone seems in agreement though ....

"Mr Romney stood by his criticism of the administration as events unfolded on Wednesday, despite a lack of firm support from his Republican party"

Regards

Sue

Julia Turner Creation

William Shakespeare

13. 6,564109,55517,21

Quote Originally Posted by aristotle View Post
    I get the feeling Mitt Romney would allow US Marines to carry live ammo and defend US embassies and personnel. If we aren't going to protect our government officials abroad, then shut down the embassies and consulates in countries where radical Muslims have a history of violence towards Americans.

We have a moral obligation to defend our nation's representatives abroad. How can we ask them to live and work in the face of such barbarity without guaranteeing their safety?
    The inability of our forces to not be able to carrier live ammo and be able to protect our property and personel goes right to the weakness of the left and this admin in their efforts to appease the muslims where we have embassies and also goes to the stupid TOE that we put on our fighting men and woman....the left as no guts for fighting and the barry was no desire to be a leader and take action when it is needed..his desire is for the US to fall to a lesser power in the world, both militarily and ecomonically....in his vison we need to be whipped back and subservant and apologys for our passed world position and how we got there....
    There are people in need of help. Charity is one of the nobler human motivations. The act of reaching into one's own pockets to help a fellow man in need is praiseworthy and laudable. Reaching into someone else's pocket is despicable and worthy of condemnation.
    --Walter E. Williams

--William F. Buckley

-- Victor Hugo

#252 Chevy Cargo Max

OOIDA Member, #934277

Part of the

15. 7,564113,55517,21

"Mr Romney stood by his criticism of the administration as events unfolded on Wednesday, despite a lack of firm support from his Republican party"
    You aren't going to find universal agreement.

17. 8,564114,55517,21

He also had support from many in his party they.just failed to mention that.

sent from my FISHER PRICE Z100 using EO forums
    Missie600 likes this.

19. 9,564115,55517,21

But, i'd be willing to bet you will find he has the suport of the majority of the "right" leaning people of this counntry...I know I support him..but then again, i am also for killing the protesters on the spot.....
    --Walter E. Williams

--William F. Buckley

-- Victor Hugo

#252 Chevy Cargo Max

OOIDA Member, #934277

Part of the

21. 10,564119,55517,21

Quote Originally Posted by xiggi View Post
    He also had support from many in his party they.just failed to mention that.

sent from my FISHER PRICE Z100 using EO forums
    That is very true - but I think it must have been significant to have even mentioned it.
    " His actions were also questioned by conservatives and Republicans"

Regards

Sue

Julia Turner Creation

William Shakespeare

23. 11,564121,55517,21

Quote Originally Posted by chefdennis View Post
    But, i'd be willing to bet you will find he has the suport of the majority of the "right" leaning people of this counntry...I know I support him..but then again, i am also for killing the protesters on the spot.....
    There is nothing wrong with peacful protest but these are not protesters these are thugs and terrorists shoot to kill on sight to save lives and property

25. 12,564123,55517,21

Quote Originally Posted by bobwg View Post
    There is nothing wrong with peacful protest but these are not protesters these are thugs and terrorists shoot to kill on sight to save lives and property
    By reports these were simply protesters....on THEIR soil....until a radical faction used them as pawns for the invasion of the embassy....
    Drive less...Make more...$$$...

It's not how much you run,
    It's how much you run for... $$$

“I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.”
    Thomas Jefferson

27. 13,564130,55517,21

U.S. should just get out of Dodge....done enough damage over there....if the people want their freedom, they can do their own fighting as generations have done before them...IMO
    Drive less...Make more...$$$...

It's not how much you run,
    It's how much you run for... $$$

“I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.”
    Thomas Jefferson

29. 14,564131,55517,21

Quote Originally Posted by OntarioVanMan View Post
    By reports these were simply protesters....on THEIR soil....until a radical faction used them as pawns for the invasion of the embassy....
    Excuse me but that may be true but the minute they turn violent and threaten lives or property they are thugs/crimminals/etc as you see today more thugs are violent burning property and endangering lives

31. 15,564134,55517,21
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast