Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Has he no shame?

Quote Originally Posted by OntarioVanMan View Post
    Couldn't help myself.....LOL
    That's what I thought, Bubba!

Duty Honor Integrity
    Peace Through Superior Firepower
    Security Through Strength

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give it to those who would not"

Thomas Jefferson

Freedom is found only in self reliance

Layoutshooter

2. No Truck Age Rstrictions Teams - Solo
    Nations Express
    Nations Express has an immediate need for single and team straight truck drivers and owners! Drive for a company that treats you with the respect you deserve and will get you the miles you want! Nations Express strives to make you a successful truck owner by listening to the driver and owners. We have an open door policy that lets you have a true say in the events and issues facing an owner operator, a fleet owner and drivers today. We Offer: Team Sign On Bonus! No Forced Dispatch Weekly Settlements Trip Pak and Transflo Scanning Satellite Communications 24 Hours Dispatch Company Paid Fuel Taxes Paid Dead Head Miles Com Data Fuel Card Mileage Bonus Safety Bonus Tire Program Fuel Discounts No Truck Age Requirement Rider Program No Pet Restrictions Paid Cargo Insurance And most of all we offer you respect and the chance to become not just a driver leased to a company but a true partner in success!

3. 16,484741,50594,21

Quote Originally Posted by layoutshooter View Post
    That's what I thought, Bubba!
    Ya know ya dangle candy in front of a kid ya just know they are going for it....LOL

I seen Turtles "name calling" aka Skippy....and well, the rest is now history....
    Drive less...Make more...$$$...

It's not how much you run,
    It's how much you run for... $$$

“I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.”
    Thomas Jefferson

5. 17,484742,50594,21

Quote Originally Posted by OntarioVanMan View Post
    Ya know ya dangle candy in front of a kid ya just know they are going for it....LOL

I seen Turtles "name calling" aka Skippy....and well, the rest is now history....
    Yeah, I could see the lack of self control.

Duty Honor Integrity

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give it to those who would not"

Thomas Jefferson

Layoutshooter

7. 18,484743,50594,21

From the article by Robert Mackey (emphasis mine):
    Mr. Limbaugh began his discussion of the group — described by my colleagues Thom Shanker and Rick Gladstone as “a notorious renegade group that has terrorized villagers in at least four countries with marauding bands that kill, rape, maim and kidnap with impunity” — by explaining that the “Lord” referred to in their name is not someone named Lord, but “God.” He said:
    Now, up until today, most Americans have never heard of the combat Lord’s Resistance Army. And here we are at war with them. Have you ever heard of Lord’s Resistance Army, Dawn? How about you, Brian? Snerdley, have you? You never heard of Lord’s Resistance Army? Well, proves my contention, most Americans have never heard of it, and here we are at war with them. Lord’s Resistance Army are Christians. It means God.
    What Limbaugh actually said, per the transcript (emphasis mine):
    LRA is Lord's Resistance Army. And it doesn't mean God's resistance army. Lord is some Lord, some guy. A "Defense Department official tells ABC’s Luis Martinez at the Pentagon that the U.S. troops will be in Africa 'for a few months in an advisory role.'" One hundred troops in an advisory role. So nothing to worry about here, folks, only gonna be for a few months. Now, up until today, most Americans have never heard of the combat Lord's Resistance Army. And here we are at war with them. Have you ever heard of Lord's Resistance Army, Dawn? How about you, Brian? Snerdley, have you? You never heard of Lord's Resistance Army? Well, proves my contention, most Americans have never heard of it, and here we are at war with them. Lord's Resistance Army are Christians. It means God. I was only kidding. Lord's Resistance Army are Christians. They are fighting the Muslims in Sudan. And Obama has sent troops, United States troops to remove them from the battlefield, which means kill them. That's what the lingo means, "to help regional forces remove from the battlefield," meaning capture or kill...
    It's just for a few months until the Lord's Resistance Army is eradicated. That's all. Just a few months. Not much of a threat.
    Looks like you took the bait hook, line and sinker with this article that clearly misrepresents what Limbaugh sarcastically said. It's clear from the outset of the transcript that Limbaugh's point is there's no national interest in this fool's mission, and we're needlessly endangering the lives of our troops so Obama can score political points. If you're going to include a link to the transcript of the supposedly offending piece you might want to read it first - assuming accuracy is your objective.
    "One of the penalties of not participating in politics is that you will be governed by your inferiors"
    - Plato

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
    - H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

9. 19,484746,50594,21

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
    Nice full-on frontal confrontation there, Skippy.
    Yeah......kind of like your full-on frontal confrontational statement below, Skippy.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
    A Christian army doing bad stuff, murdering, raping, pillaging? I'm shocked that Christians would do such a thing. Shocked, I tell you, 'cause that kind of thing has never, ever happened before.
    Nice.

The issue is Christians committing atrocities, and you want to make it about my opinion and what I can and cannot discern.
    No, the issue is Rush Limbaugh whining about the President sending 100 tropps to Uganda to kill Christians. Any right minded person with the smallest hint of a clue would know that the LRA is not a Christian organization, hence my, claiming and being comment. Unless of course you are Rush Limbaugh that has a hatred that runs so deep for this President of our United States that you would try and make the case that the President is sending troops to Africa to kill Christians.

You were fine with the first sentence, and then screwed up with the second. Do you even know how to stay on topic and not confront the poster? Sheesh.
    A question you should've asked yourself before you made your first post. Better yet, before commenting, did you even think about googling the LRA? If you had, I'm not sure you would've made the comment you did. Again, the topic was Limbaugh whining about the President sending 100 troops to Africa to kill Christians.

OK, I'll bite, what leads you to believe that I'm unable to discern the difference between the two? Please be specific.
    Have you had the chance to research more about the LRA? If so, and you still stand by your assertion that the LRA is a Christian organization as they claim, so be it.

I'd say that I'm a little shocked that you are unable to believe that Christians have engaged in, and are currently engaging in such atrocities, but I'm not shocked at all.
    How did you come to the conclusion that I am unable to believe that Christians have engaged in atrocities? Amazing. But hey, who am I to disagree with you if you believe the LRA is actually a Christian group.

Many Christians, at least in public, will try their dead level best to distance themselves from the atrocities that other Christians commit, even going so far as to claim that such atrocities would never be committed by real Christians. And yet they are.
    So you stand by Limbaugh's comments and condem the President for going to Africa to kill Christians? Even though the Catholic Church in Uganda has officially disavowed the organization and its leader and that they are considered to be a terroist organization and Congress approved S.1067 - Lord's Resistance Army Disarmament and Northern Uganda Recovery Act of 2009. If you believe this group of rebels are doing God's work, then who am I to judge.
    Hey, if you want to defend fact free, propaganda BS, feel free.
    Cable news. Making the ignorant.....confident.

Our politics are a reflection of our personal ethics.

I find that a good rule of thumb is to determine which candidate is working in the interest of ignorance and vote for the other one. Telling them apart is one of the few things that's becoming easier with time.
    The above quote is from "mark", a commenter at http://www.stonekettle.com/

“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.”

11. 20,484852,50594,21

I said that Rush's comments were bad
    Atleast we agree on that.

but NOT as bad as putting troops into Uganda is.
    And that's where you went wrong. Like you said, you started a thread about Obama sending troops into Uganda, go to your thread and argue with yourself. This thread is about Limbaugh saying the President was sending troops to Africa to kill Christians!

I pay no attention to those "entertainment" shows.
    Then why post in a thread that's about an entertainer, accusing our President, of killing Christians?

They don't have the potential to get my son, my nephew or his wife, killed. Obama can. I pay attention to that.
    Duly noted, since you started a thread about the President sending troops to Uganda, I understand your concern and why you would be upset about this decision. This thread however, is about a slimeball accusing the President of sending U.S. troops to Africa to kill Christians!

Did he request or just send them?
    Did you read the article you posted? I advise you to click here and listen to Senator Inhofe's comments on the floor to better understand our Governments actions. Again, the thread I started wasn't about if we should or should not send troops to Africa, it was about Limbaugh saying our President was sending 100 of our troops to Uganda to kill Christians!

I DID start a tread about this horrible decision the day he announced that he was sending 100 fully armed advisors into Uganda.
    Yes you did.

As far as I know it was NOT brought up with Congress. There was NO request mentioned. All he did was notify the Congress that he was sending in those advisors.
    That would be a good discussion for your thread that you started. This thread however, is about Limbaugh telling his listening audience that the President is sending U.S. troops to Uganda to kill Christians!

No matter how bad the LRA is, and they ARE quite bad, they are NO threat to the US or our Constitution. It is NONE of our business. It is an internal problem within Uganda.
    Yeah......I know how you feel about this decision, because I read it in the thread you started. However this thread is about Limbaugh claiming that the President is sending troops to a foreign land to kill Christians!

I find that a good rule of thumb is to determine which candidate is working in the interest of ignorance and vote for the other one. Telling them apart is one of the few things that's becoming easier with time.

13. 21,484941,50594,21

Quote Originally Posted by witness23 View Post
    Atleast we agree on that.

And that's where you went wrong. Like you said, you started a thread about Obama sending troops into Uganda, go to your thread and argue with yourself. This thread is about Limbaugh saying the President was sending troops to Africa to kill Christians!

Then why post in a thread that's about an entertainer, accusing our President, of killing Christians?

Duly noted, since you started a thread about the President sending troops to Uganda, I understand your concern and why you would be upset about this decision. This thread however, is about a slimeball accusing the President of sending U.S. troops to Africa to kill Christians!

Did you read the article you posted? I advise you to click here and listen to Senator Inhofe's comments on the floor to better understand our Governments actions. Again, the thread I started wasn't about if we should or should not send troops to Africa, it was about Limbaugh saying our President was sending 100 of our troops to Uganda to kill Christians!

Yes you did.

That would be a good discussion for your thread that you started. This thread however, is about Limbaugh telling his listening audience that the President is sending U.S. troops to Uganda to kill Christians!

Yeah......I know how you feel about this decision, because I read it in the thread you started. However this thread is about Limbaugh claiming that the President is sending troops to a foreign land to kill Christians!

Talk is talk, DEAD is DEAD. Rush talks, Obama KILLS! I don't care what the Senate said. I don't care what Obama said. I don't care what Rush said or did not say. There is NO valid reason under the Constitution of the United States of America to send in ANY U. S. troops.

Duty Honor Integrity

Thomas Jefferson

Layoutshooter

15. 22,484942,50594,21

Talk is talk, DEAD is DEAD. Rush talks, Obama KILLS! I don't care what the Senate said. I don't care what Obama said. I don't care what Rush said or did not say. There is NO valid reason under the Constitution of the United States of America to send in ANY U. S. troops.
    So.......do you think Obama is sending troops to Uganda to kill Christians?

17. 23,484950,50594,21

So.......do you think Obama is sending troops to Uganda to kill Christians?
    I don't CARE if they are Christians, Muslims, or RABBITS! IT IS NONE OF OUR BUSINESS!!!!! It is a Ugandan problem.

Christians kill Christians all time. Muslims kill Muslims. Muslims kill Christians. Christians kill Muslims. People who don't even believe in God kill, Christians, Muslims and so on as so forth.

The crux of the matter is that the FACT that we are sticking our nose into a problem that is NOT ours. What one man may, or may not said, is NOT even on the same page as far as problems go.

Besides, it seems that there may conflicting transcripts on this subject. One was posted in this thread earlier.

Duty Honor Integrity

Thomas Jefferson

Layoutshooter

19. 24,484958,50594,21

Since we are talking about Rush...Has anyone bought any of tea that Rush is selling, "Two If By Tea"???? If so what favor did you get and did you like it????

http://www.twoifbytea.com/index.php
    Last edited by chefdennis; 10-19-2011 at 03:52 PM.
    There are people in need of help. Charity is one of the nobler human motivations. The act of reaching into one's own pockets to help a fellow man in need is praiseworthy and laudable. Reaching into someone else's pocket is despicable and worthy of condemnation.
    --Walter E. Williams

"Idealism is fine, but as it approaches reality, the costs become prohibitive."

"The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry."
    --William F. Buckley

"When dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right."
    -- Victor Hugo

#252 Chevy Cargo Max

OOIDA Member, #934277

Part of the
    LOAD 1 CheerLeader Crew!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqD6uCWQDVc

21. 25,484960,50594,21

Quote Originally Posted by chefdennis View Post
    Anyone ever buy any of Rush's" TEA???? If so what favor did you get and did you like it????

I don't drink tea. We fought a war so we would NOT have to drink that stuff.

Duty Honor Integrity

Thomas Jefferson

Layoutshooter

23. 26,484962,50594,21

Didn't Tom "T" Hall do a song "I Like Tea"!?!? Nooo wait, that was "I Like Beer"!! LOL...my mistake...
    There are people in need of help. Charity is one of the nobler human motivations. The act of reaching into one's own pockets to help a fellow man in need is praiseworthy and laudable. Reaching into someone else's pocket is despicable and worthy of condemnation.
    --Walter E. Williams

"Idealism is fine, but as it approaches reality, the costs become prohibitive."

"The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry."
    --William F. Buckley

"When dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right."
    -- Victor Hugo

#252 Chevy Cargo Max

OOIDA Member, #934277

Part of the
    LOAD 1 CheerLeader Crew!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqD6uCWQDVc

25. 27,484963,50594,21

I don't CARE if they are Christians, Muslims, or RABBITS! IT IS NONE OF OUR BUSINESS!!!!! It is a Ugandan problem.
    I would love to talk about that on the thread you started, but this thread is about Rush Limbaugh saying the President is sending troops to Uganda to kill Christians!

Christians kill Christians all time. Muslims kill Muslims. Muslims kill Christians. Christians kill Muslims. People who don't even believe in God kill, Christians, Muslims and so on as so forth.
    True, but are we sending 100 American troops to Uganda to kill Christians?

The crux of the matter is that the FACT that we are sticking our nose into a problem that is NOT ours. What one man may, or may not said, is NOT even on the same page as far as problems go.
    The crux of the matter is, and the point of this thread is, Rush Limbaugh said that our President is sending 100 troops to Uganda to kill Christians! If you want to argue that we have no business sending our military to Uganda, go back to your thread and argue about it. This thread is about a "entertainer" accusing our President of sending 100 troops to Uganda to kill Christians!

Besides, it seems that there may conflicting transcripts on this subject. One was posted in this thread earlier.
    Here, go to the man's website for his transcript and let me know what you think:
    Obama Invades Uganda, Targets Christians - The Rush Limbaugh Show

27. 28,484964,50594,21

I would love to talk about that on the thread you started, but this thread is about Rush Limbaugh saying the President is sending troops to Uganda to kill Christians!

True, but are we sending 100 American troops to Uganda to kill Christians?

The crux of the matter is, and the point of this thread is, Rush Limbaugh said that our President is sending 100 troops to Uganda to kill Christians! If you want to argue that we have no business sending our military to Uganda, go back to your thread and argue about it. This thread is about a "entertainer" accusing our President of sending 100 troops to Uganda to kill Christians!

Here, go to the man's website for his transcript and let me know what you think:
    Obama Invades Uganda, Targets Christians - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Obama is NOT MY president. He is of the Devil's spawn. I have no use for him. He can be your president if you like. I will look at BOTH transcripts in here and see how I read it. Not that I care. Obama is wrong.

Duty Honor Integrity

Thomas Jefferson

Layoutshooter

29. 29,484966,50594,21

IF we needed to be there....what is the problem about killing Christians?

What is your point?
    Drive less...Make more...$$$...

It's not how much you run,
    It's how much you run for... $$$

“I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.”
    Thomas Jefferson

31. 30,484967,50594,21
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast