ExpeditersOnline.com
Try Hours
Bolt Express
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Career Change in Progress

Re: Career Change in Progress

Congrats! Was great getting to see you two the other night. Glad we finally got the meet up again before you come off the road for good. Cutting it a little close
    Jim & Judy
    FedEx Custom Critical
    DR4560

- Thomas Jefferson

2. STRAIGHT TRUCKS NEEDED NO EQUIPMENT AGE RESTRICTIONS
    Nations Express
    Nations Express has an immediate need for single and team straight truck drivers and owners! Drive for a company that treats you with the respect you deserve and will get you the miles you want! Nations Express strives to make you a successful truck owner by listening to the driver and owners. We have an open door policy that lets you have a true say in the events and issues facing an owner operator, a fleet owner and drivers today. We Offer: Sign On Bonus! No Forced Dispatch Weekly Settlements Trip Pak and Transflo Scanning Satellite Communications 24 Hours Dispatch Company Paid Fuel Taxes Paid Dead Head Miles Com Data Fuel Card Mileage Bonus Safety Bonus Tire Program Fuel Discounts No Truck Age Requirement Rider Program No Pet Restrictions Paid Cargo Insurance And most of all we offer you respect and the chance to become not just a driver leased to a company but a true partner in success!

3. 46,654885,56544,7

Quote Originally Posted by ATeam View Post
    Well, it took longer than expected but we finally have a lease for space in which to build our first gym. Construction will begin soon. The doors will open two to three months after construction begins. Location: Port Orange, Florida.

We just got the news this evening. Details to follow as they become available.
    It might have taken longer than expected but as long as it lead to a great location it is worth the patience.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app
    Christmas is the time when kids tell Santa what they want and adults pay for it. Deficits are when adults tell government what they want and their kids pay for it. ~ Richard Lamm

5. 47,654915,56544,7

Early in this thread I promised to provide gym location info once a lease was signed. To fulfill that promise I am providing this link to our newly established Port Orange Anytime Fitness Facebook page. The address and phone number are there and gym details will be posted on an ongoing basis.

Expediters who are interested in our progress and in the gym itself are invited to like this Facebook page or sign up for email notifications (address given on the Facebook page).

This is an expediting forum. Because it is, I prefer to not talk much about the gym here. Now that the Facebook page is up, gym chatter can happen there.

Diane and I are home for Christmas now. Depending on developments with the gym, we may head down there to focus 100% on it, or we may yet haul some freight to generate cash. The gym will be open in two to three months and our truck will be sold sometime after that.

The new owner of this truck is of course free to chart his or her own course, but I think the way to make the best money with this truck is to buy it at a nice, used-truck price, let the truck pay for itself in a fairly short time, run it for the next several hundred thousand miles that the truck has left in it, and then build a new truck while taking the sleeper off the old truck with you.

That 132" ARI sleeper has been one of the best things on the truck over the years and it is in excellent condition today. It would cost at least $70,000 to build that sleeper today. By putting this used sleeper on a new truck, you could save that much money when your new truck time comes.
    Last edited by ATeam; 12-10-2013 at 11:09 AM.
    TruckingSurv likes this.
    Expediter 2003-2013. Straight truck. The husband half of a husband/wife team.

7. 48,656052,56544,7

Congrats Phil. Since Port Orange is between our place in Lake City and Cocoa where all of our relatives live I'll be sure to stop in and see it.

Jim Joerger
    Truck #3215

9. 49,656059,56544,7

Phil

How much you looking to get out of your truck if you don't have a buyer for it?

11. 50,656109,56544,7

Isnt there already an AF in Port Orange fla.?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using EO Forums mobile app

13. 51,656125,56544,7

DO not agree on a price just yet.
    2 rezones:
    *CARB already announced they are considering allowing a 5,000 mil a year trip permit, & allowing that trip permit for 5 years instead of the current 1,000 mi. for 2 years.
    ** OOIDA filed a lawsuit against this CARB rule, claiming the CARB rule violate commerce laws.
    the suit was filed in a Sacramento FEDERAL court- which mean the court have the authority to delay implantation of the state rule.
    your truck just might worth a whole lot more then previously expected.
    CARB sued by OOIDA over retrofit filter requirement in emissions regulations | Overdrive - Owner Operators Trucking Magazine
    Moose.
    Holding a $ is holding a fast depreciated asset.

15. 52,656141,56544,7

Wow never would've guest that was going to be the career change. Congratulations to you both and wish you well with your new endeavors

When Times Get Tough, Get Tougher!

Sprinter #292

17. 53,656142,56544,7

Moose, the trip permit is to allow trucks that do 5000 TOTAL miles per year to not update.
    Farm trucks, antiques, etc.

Unless they've come out with something new.

I wonder what took OOIDA so long..
    Nothing like waiting until the last minute .
    Last edited by zorry; 12-10-2013 at 10:25 PM.
    OOIDA # 463 ( Yeah, an old fart ). Expediting....It beats working for a living

19. 54,656150,56544,7

Quote Originally Posted by wvcourier View Post
    Isnt there already an AF in Port Orange.
    That club closed. We picked up the territory when it did.

21. 55,656575,56544,7

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Phil

How much you looking to get out of your truck if you don't have a buyer for it?
    While several people have expressed interest, we do not have a buyer yet as it is too early to sell. We want to get the club up and running first and then sell the truck. That will take 2 to 3 months at least. Price-wise, we of course want to get the best price that the market will bear. All we can do at this point is wait to see what the asking price will be in the future. As Moose correctly points out a number of factors are in play.

23. 56,656577,56544,7

UPDATE: Our truck has been sold. Our fitness club should be open in 4-6 weeks.

While it was a happy event for the buyer, it was sad to watch the new owner drive our truck away. Our "Little Putt Putt" was a magnificent machine. It served us well as our business asset, home on the road and RV.

Our new place of business is:

Anytime Fitness
    3761 S. Nova Road
    Port Orange, FL 32129

Expediters, savor every minute of your work and life on the road. It is quite something to live the expediter's life.

25. 57,687147,56544,7

Used to run a business with my wife on North Nova.. Will be coming to see ya, and yes I will have a membership.. Are you going to commute?
    cheri1122 likes this.
    Can't run for these rates! Might as well take photographs...

27. 58,687150,56544,7

Oh and Congrats on the new biz venture..
    Can't run for these rates! Might as well take photographs...

29. 59,687152,56544,7

Quote Originally Posted by ATeam View Post
    UPDATE: Our truck has been sold. Our fitness club should be open in 4-6 weeks.

While it was a happy event for the buyer, it was sad to watch the new owner drive our truck away. Our "Little Putt Putt" was a magnificent machine. It served us well as our business asset, home on the road and RV.

Our new place of business is:

Anytime Fitness
    3761 S. Nova Road
    Port Orange, FL 32129

Expediters, savor every minute of your work and life on the road. It is quite something to live the expediter's life.
    Congratulations. I hope you find the same success there as you found in this industry. If you wouldn't mind participating in a social experiment I would be interested to hear how you adapted to life off the road so far and in the future.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app
    Christmas is the time when kids tell Santa what they want and adults pay for it. Deficits are when adults tell government what they want and their kids pay for it. ~ Richard Lamm

31. 60,687393,56544,7
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast