ExpeditersOnline.com
Try Hours
Bolt Express
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: No Forced Dispatch

No Forced Dispatch

Does anyone know of any companies that are actually no forced dispatch? I was told to leave by Load 1 ..which was supposed to be no forced dispatch in the past week for turning down loads. I was never late with a pick up or delivery nor did I have any cargo claims in the 9 months I was there. I also stayed inservice at least 90% of the time.Their ad to lure drivers and owner op's claim no forced dispatch...but if you turn down a load you are informed you'll be written up and then u're dropped to the bottom of the load board...I'm just an po ole unedumacated truck driver...but that seems like forced dispatch to me!
    I know landstar is one...but I haven't found any others yet. I've been with Tri State when I first started expediting back in 2000 so I know about them.Anybody have any ideas?

2. Be Home Every Weekend!!!
    Nations Express
    Nations Express has immediate opening for Owner Operators in our Truck Load Service. When you become a partner in the Nations Express Truck Load Service Division you will be home every weekend. Driver for a company that understands you have people and events waiting for you at home. Nations Express Truck Load Offers: $1.10 Per mile loaded plus FSC $0.85 Per mile empty plus FSC Weekly Settlements/Direct Deposit Free 2012 and 2013 model dry van trailers Haz Mat Pay Extra Stop Off Pay Detention Pay Com Data Fuel Card Satellite Communications 24 Dispatch No Truck Age Limit Rider Program No Pet Restrictions Mileage Bonus Requirements 21 YRS of Age 1 YR Over the Road Experience Acceptable Driving Record HAZ MAT Endorsement

3. 1,541178,54070,7

Re: No Forced Dispatch

Panther was the Chief Offenders in this Category! I can Practically Write a Book on the Number of Times Panther Put Me Out of Service for Turning Down Garbage Loads!

5. 2,541182,54070,7
    If any company went completly on drivers saying no whenever they wanted it would only mean they would have to sign in more trucks then everyone would get less miles. Never heard of load one writing anyone up for turning down a load. Drop to the bottom of the list yea maybe once in a while but that really effects us nowhere but Taylor. Dispatchers do need to take care of customers and as much as I dislike it they need some tools to help them accomplish that. Good luck to you.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums
    highway star and chefdennis like this.

7. 3,541190,54070,7

Well this is going to be an interesting thread. Should take very little time till the Load 1 cheer leading squad is here telling charlie how it was all his fault for being told to leave, that there is no forced dispatch and all the loads pay great so why would charlie even turn one down.
    Steady Eddie likes this.

9. 4,541198,54070,7

I agree, Rod. I'll get the popcorn.
    jjoerger likes this.
    AJ & Myrian Johnson

11. 5,541200,54070,7

There is no such thing as no forced dispach in this business when you work for somone else they call you haul or your unemployed. Good luck with finding annother carrier most on this site know I am pro own authority because it gives you some extra leverage so you are not totaly dependant on the carrier for work. You can find your own customers, trade with other carriers, and have open contracts that allow you to be Non Exclusive. Just remember with your own authority, that they do see you as competition and verry important honor the non compepte clause in your contracts. most companies are at least six months to 1 year.

Bob Wolf
    Wolf Trucking.
    Last edited by BobWolf; 06-06-2012 at 07:25 AM.
    WARNING

Democrat = Commie, Liberal, Left Winger
    Republican = Quasie Coservative, Right Winger

BOTH WINGS OF THE SAME BIRD OF PREY

13. 6,541202,54070,7

Quote Originally Posted by fastrod View Post
    Well this is going to be an interesting thread. Should take very little time till the Load 1 cheer leading squad is here telling charlie how it was all his fault for being told to leave, that there is no forced dispatch and all the loads pay great so why would charlie even turn one down.
    Quote Originally Posted by usafk9 View Post
    I agree, Rod. I'll get the popcorn.
    Well I am far from being a cheerleader for any company, I do take great pride in the company my fleet is leased on with. I often call it like I see it. I'm not always right the way I see things but anyone that knows me well enough, knows I certainly don't surgar coat my feelings on anything, John Elliot can confirm this.....

With that said, obviously there are always two sides to every story. I would like to hear the whole story from both sides. This story seems to be lacking some hard facts.

To the original poster:
    1. How many turn downs did you have in the 9 months you were here?
    2. What was your reasoning for turning down loads?
    3. What type of unit were you driving?
    4. Do you own said unit?
    5. Who "told you to leave"?

Every carrier is out here to make money as are we. There has to be a "fit" between carrier and contractor in order for the realtionship to work. It's been said before by others and I will say it again. Load 1 is a great carrier and I personally would not be anywhere else, but their business plan just does not fit everyone's business plan for a variety of reasons. If the partnership is not there to work together, both parties will be unhappy and the relationship will end with no good outcome for all involved.
    OntarioVanMan and chefdennis like this.

15. 7,541205,54070,7

Quote Originally Posted by BobWolf View Post
    honor the non compepte clause in your contracts. [/B]most companies are at least six months to 1 year.

Bob Wolf
    Wolf Trucking.
    What company has a non compepte clause for Owner Operators?
    Steady

Disclaimer: To ensure compliance with being responsible governing written post, please be advised that any advice included in this communication, including attachments, is not intended, and cannot be used, for the purpose of being responsible, therefore the communication and or attachments can not be viewed as irresponsible or matter to another person.

There are people who present themselves contrary to the way they really are.....

I really do "...Live in a Van down by the R-I-V-E-R!"

17. 8,541210,54070,7

Gotta agree on that too, Just like any relationship if the chemestry is missing it wont work, and saying no too many times will cost you.
    WARNING

Democrat = Commie, Liberal, Left Winger
    Republican = Quasie Coservative, Right Winger

BOTH WINGS OF THE SAME BIRD OF PREY

19. 9,541211,54070,7

Hey Charlie, wake up! Yeah, Charlie, you sleepy head, wake up! Hey Charlieeeee, what you are hoping to find is Candy Mountain Express. Yeah Charlieee, Candy Mountain Express where all the trucks are fueled by magic and the dispatchers will load you whenever and to wherever you want to go. When you get to Candy Mountain Express, Charlieee, hang on to your freaking kidney!

"I guess that is why I enjoy expediting. Kinda like standing in front of a giant roulette wheel." davekc

"I wonder why I'm not quoted at the bottom of Moot's posts?"
    Highway Star

"Shane runs 70 PSI all around." scottm4211

"Embrace the mundane." mrgoodtude

"I think, therefore I van". Mouton Descrouton

21. 10,541213,54070,7
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Hey Charlie, wake up! Yeah, Charlie, you sleepy head, wake up! Hey Charlieeeee, what you are hoping to find is Candy Mountain Express. Yeah Charlieee, Candy Mountain Express where all the trucks are fueled by magic and the dispatchers will load you whenever and to wherever you want to go. When you get to Candy Mountain Express, Charlieee, hang on to your freaking kidney!
    Did you have to burst my bubble this early in the morning? Going inside to get some candy.

23. 11,541214,54070,7

Watch your kidneys!

"I guess that is why I enjoy expediting. Kinda like standing in front of a giant roulette wheel." davekc

"I wonder why I'm not quoted at the bottom of Moot's posts?"
    Highway Star

"Shane runs 70 PSI all around." scottm4211

"Embrace the mundane." mrgoodtude

"I think, therefore I van". Mouton Descrouton

25. 12,541218,54070,7

Can you get put to the bottom of the board for turning down a load? only if it is over 200 miles...and that for the most part as was said only affect you if you are in Taylor..I mean how many times have you sat anywhere where being moved to the bottom of the board other then Taylor took you to what #2....LOL...

As for turning loads down and getting written up, so what...I turned down a run 2 weeks ago...the next week I made more money then i have all yr...Yea do it enough and they wil just not call you..keep it up when they do, and i am sure that they will tell you to take a walk..Id be willing to bet ALL carriers would do the same thing...on and written up, yea that happens, you can see it on the bottom of the Fleet Vison screen.....

But i do have to ask, why did you turn soo many runs down?? I mean all our runs pay great!!!

Oh and as far as bein a "cheerleader"...you bet!! Its all about enjoying where you are contracted and the conditions you work under and the money you make, and I'll compare all of those with anyone out there....As was stated, not every carrier is for everyone, Load 1 works for more then a few of us..I figure thats why there is a waiting list to get on with them and take a look at who those waiting are and where they are coming from....
    Last edited by chefdennis; 06-06-2012 at 08:39 AM.
    There are people in need of help. Charity is one of the nobler human motivations. The act of reaching into one's own pockets to help a fellow man in need is praiseworthy and laudable. Reaching into someone else's pocket is despicable and worthy of condemnation.
    --Walter E. Williams

"Idealism is fine, but as it approaches reality, the costs become prohibitive."

"The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry."
    --William F. Buckley

"When dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right."
    -- Victor Hugo

#252 Chevy Cargo Max

OOIDA Member, #934277

Part of the
    LOAD 1 CheerLeader Crew!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqD6uCWQDVc

27. 13,541220,54070,7
    Quote Originally Posted by chefdennis View Post
    Can you get put to the bottom of the board for turning down a load? only if it is over 200 miles..
    Sorry but thats not entirely factual. The two hundred mile rule only affects the Taylor area and only.if your one of the top few spots in line. You can be 6th out in Taylor refuse a load and be dropped.

Last edited by xiggi; 06-06-2012 at 08:47 AM.

29. 14,541222,54070,7

Quote Originally Posted by xiggi View Post
    Sorry but thats not entirely factual. The two hundred mile rule only affects the Taylor area and only.if your one of the top few spits in line. You can be 6th out in Taylor refuse a load and be dropped.

Yes that is only in Taylor, I should have said that..but the fact remains, that if you are not in Taylor and turn down a load and get dropped to the bottom, just how far are you going to go?? to # 2, maybe #3....LOL....and even then, there are too many other factors that go into you getting the next load that board position is just one of them...

As Shadow said, there is more to this then we know and as you xiggi said, i haven't heard of anyone being told to leave because on turn downs, but, that being said, it all depends on the number of turndowns....

By the way, to the OP, what do you drive???
    There are people in need of help. Charity is one of the nobler human motivations. The act of reaching into one's own pockets to help a fellow man in need is praiseworthy and laudable. Reaching into someone else's pocket is despicable and worthy of condemnation.
    --Walter E. Williams

"Idealism is fine, but as it approaches reality, the costs become prohibitive."

"The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry."
    --William F. Buckley

"When dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right."
    -- Victor Hugo

#252 Chevy Cargo Max

OOIDA Member, #934277

Part of the
    LOAD 1 CheerLeader Crew!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqD6uCWQDVc

31. 15,541223,54070,7
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast