ExpeditersOnline.com
Try Hours
Bolt Express
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wink out bidding loads

this is total bs why cant you ever get you normal rate why because every one is under bidding each other all the time wait 3 days for a discounted load to make fuel money only ha ha theres got to be a better way hey

2. Tractor Owner-Operator$ Needed
    Premium Transportation Logistics
    Tractor Teams and Solos needed! Owner Operator: Dry Van Expedite AND OTR Tractors needed! * Expedite and Truckload programs available * Steady miles and ABOVE average pay * Team bonus pay * Company provided trailers * 1 Day Orientation * Base plate & fuel card programs Call to talk to a recruiter today! 800-661-3166 - ext. 207

3. 1,458634,48873,7

Re: out bidding loads

Would you like to explain..."normal rate"?"
    Drive less...Make more...$$$...

It's not how much you run,
    It's how much you run for... $$$

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.
    Thomas Jefferson

5. 2,458636,48873,7

The market is depressed right now, a lot of trucks and not enough expedite freight to go around. Today we lost out on a load the customer got covered for .60 a mile for a sprinter.

These trends are expected in our industry, just like in late June expeditors were getting great rates because the market was opposite, not enough trucks for the freight being offered.

If you are paid a flat rate per mile the O/O looses out on these rate increases, but also are somewhat protected from the decline in rates during the slow times unless the offered rate from the customer is less then your contracted rate.

Things should start to get better in August
    Last edited by turritrans; 07-13-2011 at 03:31 PM.

7. 3,458645,48873,7
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyd5002 View Post
    this is total bs why cant you ever get you normal rate why because every one is under bidding each other all the time wait 3 days for a discounted load to make fuel money only ha ha theres got to be a better way hey
    Punctuation. Really.
    You know the problem with dishonest cops? It gives the other 5% a bad name.

"If your government tells you a lie, it's for your own good!"--Archie Bunker

There is no human tragedy so awful that it cannot be made worse by the presence of a policeman.

"There's only one basic human right: the right to do as you d*** well please. And with it comes the only basic duty: the duty to take the consequences." -- P.J. O'Rourke

9. 4,458663,48873,7

A place probably where the larger carriers have an edge.
    fleet owner
    29 years
    Panther & Load One

11. 5,458688,48873,7

uh, welcome to EO ....

I have taken to going home if less than 500 miles ... I can sit here and wait on a load .... seems to be working ok. And NOT at .60 a mile
    "If ObamaCare is a tax, as defined by the Supreme Court .. REPEAL it!"

Monty

Administrator of RoadGorilla forums - come visit.

13. 6,458690,48873,7

Get ready for even more undercutting now. BTW Mexican expediting companies just have to follow our rules of usa to enter so that means get ready for the high MPG fords, fiats, renaults to compete with for sprinter and cv loads.

Hard to compete if your getting $20mpg with a sprinter and here comes the ford or fiat at 40+mpg. Isn't there another euro model van doing like 50mpg that's diesel ? Remember Mexico trucks will not need to follow our emission rules either. Other day in Detroit I saw several Fiat Ducatos and Iveco Daily running around town. At the doc I loaded at a guy was getting a large ducato loaded and wow it is nice and large inside.

BTW: I read Dodge is coming out with a new sprinter and it is to be the Fiat Ducato. But I bet it will not be cheap at all.

This is going to be rough I know my cube and straight may start to hurt a little but luckily the tractors won't slow down much yet at least.

Safety Concerns Raised Over Deal To Allow Mexican Trucks On U.S. Highways
    Last edited by idtrans; 07-13-2011 at 06:17 PM.

15. 7,458694,48873,7

Quote Originally Posted by davekc View Post
    A place probably where the larger carriers have an edge.
    Dave, I think this works against the large carrier. They need margins to pay for sales commissions, dispatch, safety and brick and mortar costs - you know a full service operation.

I think what is contributing to this is the single truck carrier. He has $0 in sales commissions, dispatch, safety and brick and mortar costs - so he's the guy who can out bid the full service carrier.
    Lawrence,
    ExpeditersOnline.com

Expediting isn't just trucking, it's a lifestyle; 

Expediting isn't just a lifestyle, it's an adventure;

Expediting isn't just an adventure, it's a job;

Expediting isn't just a job, it's a business.

Stay Connected to EO with these Smartphone Apps!
    Android - Free Download! iPhone - Free Download!

The UltraONE Expediter Club offers you rewards like nobody else.
    The UltraONE Expediter is the TravelCenters/Petro Truck Stops way of giving something back to drivers. Join Now!

17. 8,458700,48873,7

Where do ya get this stuff...Mexican vans have been around for years already.....gee whiz...

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.
    Thomas Jefferson

19. 9,458701,48873,7

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    Dave, I think this works against the large carrier. They need margins to pay for sales commissions, dispatch, safety and brick and mortar costs - you know a full service operation.

I think what is contributing to this is the single truck carrier. He has $0 in sales commissions, dispatch, safety and brick and mortar costs - so he's the guy who can out bid the full service carrier.
    I would agree on a open bid board. That is where you are really seeing the rate cutting. Many of the smaller outfits are reliant on the large carriers for their freight. If they slow down, so do they.
    Also, some of the larger carriers have their own accounts and primarily have them through 3PL's because they have the greatest coverage. That can be a double edge sword depending on the carrier.
    Specialty freight is another issue as well. Many of the small independants are priced out because of the insurance, qualifications, or infastructure to do them.
    Last edited by davekc; 07-13-2011 at 06:44 PM.
    fleet owner
    29 years
    Panther & Load One

21. 10,458710,48873,7

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post

That's what a lot of people around here believe, but it's actually not the case. The larger carriers might have more overhead, but they don't have to cover all of that overhead off of one truck. The guy with one truck has to make all his profit margin off each load, while a larger carrier can make a smaller margin per truck but still clear pretty good money if that small margin is made on a large number of trucks. That is the reality out there, not the one truck "independent" undercutting everyone. The times I've had to list a load on Sylectus it was larger companies bidding the lowest.

www.demaristransportation.com

"And the people who love me still ask me
    When are you coming back to town
    And I answer quite frankly
    When they stop building roads
    And all God needs is gravity to hold me down"

-Alison Krauss

23. 11,458717,48873,7

Quote Originally Posted by OntarioVanMan View Post
    Where do ya get this stuff...Mexican vans have been around for years already.....gee whiz...

I pulled it out of a "CHICKEN BUTT" !

25. 12,458726,48873,7

Quote Originally Posted by idtrans View Post
    I pulled it out of a "CHICKEN BUTT" !

haha....got that one....LOL

Thomas Jefferson

27. 13,458732,48873,7

I would say Charles is pretty close to reality. But I understand where Lawrence is getting that information.
    A few nameless carriers will say that consistently but it is by design to really be translated to the drivers.
    Why? Because it is a tool/excuse to suppress rates to their own drivers.
    fleet owner
    29 years
    Panther & Load One

29. 14,458782,48873,7

Quote Originally Posted by davekc View Post
    I would say Charles is pretty close to reality. But I understand where Lawrence is getting that information.
    A few nameless carriers will say that consistently but it is by design to really be translated to the drivers.
    Why? Because it is a tool/excuse to suppress rates to their own drivers.
    That's very true, Dave. There are evidently certain large carriers who use that propaganda consistently to brainwash their owner ops into thinking that some small business is the reason why they are unable to offer them their "normal" rate. It's a pretty tired excuse at this point. However, most people are going to continue to believe what they want about it because it serves their agenda. They can keep swinging those pompoms.
    Drive Safe!

Jeff
    O/O 20 years
    OOIDA member
    http://jeffersonfastfreight.com

31. 15,458788,48873,7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast