ExpeditersOnline.com
Try Hours
Bolt Express
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Pilot/Flying J Frequent Fueler Advantage Program

On January 3rd 2011, Pilot Flying J will introduce a new Frequent Fueler Program which will offer the following benefits:

Instant Point Redemption in-store and at participating restaurants

Pump Start (automatically turns on pump when you register your card)

1 point for every gallon of diesel purchased

1 Shower Credit for every 50 gallons or more of fuel purchased (5 day expiration)

1/2 Shower Credit for 14 - 49 gallons of purchased (diesel or gasoline)

$7 Discount on RV Dump

Professional drivers can qualify for extra rewards when they register their cards and fuel more than 500 gallons in a calendar month: Extended Shower Expirations, Member-Only Deals on Restaurant, Merchandise, Deli & Driver Services.

300/250/200 Point Registration Bonus ! (depending on how you register)

More details at Pilot Frequent Fueler

2. Openings for Semi Tractor Trailer Drivers - 4-5 positions available in August!
    Premium Transportation Logistics
    Company tractor drivers needed. 4-5 positions available in August. * Employee positions * Newer equipment * Assigned trailers * Insurance and 401k * $.44/mile * Consistent miles * Home at least every other weekend * 1 day, paid orientation Call 800-661-3166 or drive4premium.com "Careers" for more details or submit an app online.

3. 1,411236,45296,7

Re: New Pilot/Flying J Frequent Fueler Advantage Program

Thanks for Posting RL!

5. 2,411242,45296,7

thats better than it was, but still doesnt make up for the way they handled the whole merger deal. they left alot of people out to dry when they did this thing. the new plan should have went back to at least what the j had before, or if not, 7 days on a shower without 500 gal to extend. i was a j only user before the deal for years. had j bank and all but just cant bring myself to go back. for a while they would not even give you cash price using tab bank card. dont know if this is corrected everywhere yet or not. another thing that irritates me is the rv dump fee. they refuse to see the point that the fee is set up for rv's not for truckers. the fee is based on rv's dumping 30 gal or more for some [ thats what j cust. svcs. told me]. why should i have to pay the same fee to dump 2 gal. some places have waved or discounted the fee when i asked but lately i have found it to be harder to get them to do so. i have just grown tired of all the bs. next thing that will happen will be a fee for getting water. i really hate it too cause i really liked the j. never did care much for pilot so that explains alot when it comes to my feelings. one thing good did come of this though. it was finally proved to me that i get better fuel mi. not using j fuel. just wish i had my old j back but the t/a has come around. now if they would only fix their parking lots.
    T N T
    Finally, home again
    Load One
    Trk. #3060, #3160, #3180, #3185

7. 3,411247,45296,7

To supply any service there is a cost...whether it is dumping, water or that extra towel...gone are the days of freebees...any idea how many squeeges they go thru...100's a year...as soon as they put new ones out they lose about 50% of them within hours....so they say....
    Drive less...Make more...$$$...

It's not how much you run,
    It's how much you run for... $$$

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.
    Thomas Jefferson

9. 4,411248,45296,7

you are exactly rite. i dont have a problem with paying a fee. i just dont think it should be as much as a rv. if you do the math the way j cust. svcs. explained it to me, at the discounted fee of 3$ at 30 gal = .10 a gal to dump. if i dump 2 gal charge me .20 not 3 bucks. but i am realizing this is not going to happen. oh ovm, i will let you know today about sending program. will pm when i get it done or let you know how its coming.
    T N T
    Finally, home again
    Load One
    Trk. #3060, #3160, #3180, #3185

11. 5,411251,45296,7

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite 1 View Post
    you are exactly rite. i dont have a problem with paying a fee. i just dont think it should be as much as a rv. if you do the math the way j cust. svcs. explained it to me, at the discounted fee of 3$ at 30 gal = .10 a gal to dump. if i dump 2 gal charge me .20 not 3 bucks. but i am realizing this is not going to happen. oh ovm, i will let you know today about sending program. will pm when i get it done or let you know how its coming.
    I would imagine the same van RV's would have the same grip....

and Thanx about the program...

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.
    Thomas Jefferson

13. 6,411253,45296,7

wow,,now I can take more then 2 showers a month,,,yea, no more 1st and the 15th shower dates
    You can choose to be right...or you can choose to be happy. I vote for the latter -- but hey, it's your call. The next time you get frustrated with your results, though, look in the mirror and ask yourself, "How's that working for you?"

Tis the season to be jolly,,ain't it?

15. 7,411254,45296,7

Thanks for the update and reminder RLent, John Elliott had told us at Load 1 the new progrm was coming 1/3 a bit go...I got the new card to use when planning gas purchases when there is no TA along the planned route...I'll use them only in those cases, I will continue to use TA 1st....their showers are way over the top against the "J's" or Pilots.....
    There are people in need of help. Charity is one of the nobler human motivations. The act of reaching into one's own pockets to help a fellow man in need is praiseworthy and laudable. Reaching into someone else's pocket is despicable and worthy of condemnation.
    --Walter E. Williams

"Idealism is fine, but as it approaches reality, the costs become prohibitive."

"The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry."
    --William F. Buckley

"When dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right."
    -- Victor Hugo

#252 Chevy Cargo Max

OOIDA Member, #934277

Part of the
    LOAD 1 CheerLeader Crew!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqD6uCWQDVc

17. 8,411255,45296,7
    I avoid them since the merger as the pumps dont recognize Canadian credit cards so I have to wait in line to pre pay, then go back in to get a proper receipt. Ridiculous.

19. 9,411261,45296,7

Quote Originally Posted by scottm4211 View Post
    I avoid them since the merger as the pumps dont recognize Canadian credit cards so I have to wait in line to pre pay, then go back in to get a proper receipt. Ridiculous.
    Because they want a Zip code...I had the same problem when I lived in Canada...

Thomas Jefferson

21. 10,411263,45296,7
    Quote Originally Posted by OntarioVanMan View Post
    Because they want a Zip code...I had the same problem when I lived in Canada...
    Got any room in the house?

23. 11,411264,45296,7

We received almost $2000 in fuel discounts at T/A last year.
    We only use the J's parking lot and restrooms. Sometimes we will eat at the Denny's. If we need a shower we will pay for one.
    Jim and Shayne Joerger
    FedEx Custom Critical D8183

25. 12,411272,45296,7
    I'm in the pond, standing on all your pennies

Quote Originally Posted by OntarioVanMan View Post
    To supply any service there is a cost...whether it is dumping, water or that extra towel...
    The thing is, though, there was suddenly no additional cost whatsoever for the RV dump. The system is already directly tied in with the waste system (restrooms, showers, kitchen drains), and contrary to the generic statement, there has been no appreciable increase on sewage fees at any Flying J locations before or since Pilot took over the financial end of the truck stop business (at the Evansville Flying J location the monthly sewage fee rose by $6 a year ago). Pilot saw that as a service on which they could make a buck, rather than as an incentive for RV business.

RVers are used to paying through the nose for fees, so most haven't complained long and loud. They're used to getting screwed. They shouldn't be charging RVers anything at all, but what they've done is come up with a ridiculous $10 price, and then give RV Frequent Fueler card holders half off to make them think they're getting a deal. Professional drivers get a $7 discount, so we'd pay $3 and think it's an even better deal for something that shouldn't cost anything in the first place.

The Doppler Effect means red lights will appear to be green if you drive fast enough.

27. 13,411283,45296,7
    LDB

I just signed up using my old J card. It credited all my old purchases so I already am over the 500 gal. requirement for automatic pump start. I did the survey so in theory I have 500 points now, 200 for registering and 300 for the survey. It also says I have one shower credit that must be a bonus for those two things as well since I haven't fueled at either P/J in a few months. If it functions the way it did under the old J system, and it sounds like it will, I may switch back to them as the old J system was the most convenient by far.
    A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but the foolish man's heart directs him toward the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2 NASB
    ---------------------------
    It's okay if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.

29. 14,411284,45296,7
    I'm in the pond, standing on all your pennies

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite 1 View Post
    thats better than it was, but still doesnt make up for the way they handled the whole merger deal. they left alot of people out to dry when they did this thing.
    Exactly. It is a true merger, but Pilot is calling the shots and they don't want anyone to forget it. The Pilot Way is the only way. I remember reading that after the merger that the two loyalty programs would remain separate temporarily, but would soon be merged into a new program with more features and benefits, and just as predicted, the "new" program became precisely the old Pilot Driver Payback program, without any new features or benefits at all (with the exception of 1/2 a shower credit for 25 gallons of diesel, and that was only due to initial outcry from van customers, but they didn't even get that one right). They figured that's the Pilot Way, and it'll be just fine for the Flying J locations. And they were pretty indignant about it in some e-mails and phone conversations.

Well, after the merger, when same store Flying J year-over-year sales took an immediate and significant drop, and didn't go back up, it didn't take them long to realize they needed to rethink their strategy.

The new program isn't something that has been in the works since before the merger, it's a scramble to win business back. Note the name, the Frequent Fueler Advantage. It's not the Pilot Driver Payback program anymore, it's so similar to the old Flying J Frequent Fueler card that it's laughable. Because of the name association, they're trying to get that lost Flying J business back. I really don't have any idea just how much business they lost, but in the words of someone at Pilot corporate in Knoxville, it was "significant".

Notice they have one card for Professional Drivers and one for RVers, but not one for Expediters (or Expeditors, as they call us), and there's nothing wrong with that. But on their Web page under Benefits, they specifically mention expediters even though there are no special expediter benefits, because they need the expediter business back. In the Survey, they ask if you are a diesel or a gas fueling expediter, irrespective of whether you are an O/O, and that's because they want to track how much business they can bring back from expediters, and to see if it's the gas or diesel vans that cost them the most business. They want us to think they are catering to expediters in the same way that the TA does, but they're not catering to us at all, other than as an afterthought to regain that lost business.

I used to use Pilot for fuel when there were no Flying Js around. Now I use Pilot when there are no TAs around. I'll use a Flying J when there are no other truck stops of any kind around, and even then only for enough fuel to get me to a TA is possible.

The Doppler Effect means red lights will appear to be green if you drive fast enough.

31. 15,411287,45296,7
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast