ExpeditersOnline.com
Try Hours
Bolt Express
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How do I see Panthers' available loads?

How do I see Panthers' available loads?

What is the website to find available Panther loads online? Not backhauls! I'm mean Panther dispatched loads; from what I understand you can find them yourself and call in to request to be put on a load.

2. Tractor Drivers and O/Os
    Premium Transportation Logistics
    Semi Drivers Weekly Pay + Benefits Apply here for Premium Transportation Logistics LLC Company Tractor OR Owner Operator positions! https://intelliapp2.driverapponline.com/c/premiumtrans WORK WEEK BASED ON 7 DAYS AND MAY INCLUDE WEEKENDS (Home time off is generally every other weekend. May be more depending on freight volumes and where driver lives). PAY INCREASE AFTER 90 DAY PROBATIONARY PERIOD. BONUS WEEKS OFFERED AS INCENTIVES. INCREASE DEPENDENT ON PERFORMANCE REVIEW. DRIVERS ARE PAID WEEKLY VIA DIRECT DEPOSIT. EMPLOYEE STATUS (W-2) MEDICAL INSURANCE (Driver pays portion of premium. Driver eligible after probationary period). HOLIDAY PAY 401k RETIREMENT PLAN VACATION PAY PERFORMANCE REVIEW AFTER 90 DAYS, AND AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR THEREAFTER. Prefer drivers are based in the Tri-State area. To obtain additional info please call Recruiting & Safety at 419-861-3430 ext. 207. Ask for Brian.

3. 1,275482,33978,7
    LDB

Re: How do I see Panthers' available loads?

There is no such website. Panther makes available a username and password for getloaded.com so their operators can look for backhauls if need be but that's all.
    A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but the foolish man's heart directs him toward the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2 NASB
    ---------------------------
    It's okay if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.

5. 2,275495,33978,7

Oh Leo, yer spreading it again. There is a site. Believe tho, the fella is a bit confused about whom can access the site, and benefit from it. He's been listening (kinda) to some Truck Stop sessions.

7. 3,275500,33978,7
    LDB

Colonel, I didn't realize you'd joined Panther and knew all their workings now. Since I apparently don't know anything with only 3 years experience and 2 trucks with them I'll bow out and let you answer the Panther questions in the future.
    A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but the foolish man's heart directs him toward the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2 NASB

9. 4,275505,33978,7

I am new so dont jump on me yet please. but I would say panther emails out the loads to outside carriers if thats what you are and you can bid on them if your running on your own authority.

11. 5,275510,33978,7

Quote Originally Posted by classadriver View Post
    I am new so dont jump on me yet please. but I would say panther emails out the loads to outside carriers if thats what you are and you can bid on them if your running on your own authority.
    Classadriver

Leo is a very honest man and knows alot about Panther. If there is a site that you can bid on Panther loads its news to me and everyone would want to come to Panther. So i would say that Leo is telling you the truth.

13. 6,275511,33978,7

Talking Re: How do I see Panthers' available loads?

Quote Originally Posted by LDB View Post
    Colonel, I didn't realize you'd joined Panther and knew all their workings now. Since I apparently don't know anything with only 3 years experience and 2 trucks with them I'll bow out and let you answer the Panther questions in the future.

OOOOOOOOOO Busted,

Should we call him Sarge, now?
    Be Informed.

Linda N Dave
    DR4573
    TVAL
    FedEx CC
    OOIDA 887745

”A mind is like a parachute, it doesn’t work if it isn’t open.” Frank Zappa

15. 7,275513,33978,7

leos probably the straightest shooter on this website....if there was such a load board site ,do you think he would have ever left panther? NO

17. 8,275515,33978,7

Before this thread goes where it shouldn't I will explain what he likely making reference to.
    Panther does have a web based broker board. That is accessed by "partners" (drivers or companies with their own authority) or someone with approval to enter it.
    That is what the Colonel is referring to.
    Much the same some of the other larger carriers have there own site for broker loads.
    fleet owner
    29 years
    Panther & Load One

19. 9,275517,33978,7
    LDB

Yes, if you are a broker there's information. If you are a contractor there is nothing. I took the OP to be asking as a contractor signed on with the company.

21. 10,275519,33978,7

Quote Originally Posted by davekc View Post
    Before this thread goes where it shouldn't I will explain what he likely making reference to.
    Panther does have a web based broker board. That is accessed by "partners" (drivers or companies with their own authority) or someone with approval to enter it.
    That is what the Colonel is referring to.
    Much the same some of the other larger carriers have there own site for broker loads.
    If that is the case why not let their own drivers be able to bid on these loads. Sometimes people are willing to take a load for less than their rate, that way it puts them in a better area.

23. 11,275520,33978,7

Talking Re: How do I see Panthers' available loads?

Quote Originally Posted by dabluzman1 View Post
    OOOOOOOOOO Busted,

Should we call him Sarge, now?
    That is funny Dave lol

25. 12,275521,33978,7

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    If that is the case why not let their own drivers be able to bid on these loads. Sometimes people are willing to take a load for less than their rate, that way it puts them in a better area.
    Because the loads on that board have been offered to and turned down by their own drivers. That's why they're on the broker board. Their own contractors get first crack at those loads to start with.

27. 13,275522,33978,7

Wink Re: How do I see Panthers' available loads?

Let me break it down to you guys. Panther has a load board where partner carriers can bid on loads that their own drivers turn down. The loads on the Panther bid board are usually short loads and loads that are going into undesirable areas. Like a load going from Atlanta GA to Miami FL. Everyone here knows that there isn't much junk coming out of Miami to begin with, so drivers will turn that load down. Another example of a panther brokered load would be a load out of California, such as a load going from one point in California to another point in California. There are also some regular loads that are brokered out of Salt Lake City UT, because there are rarely enough trucks in that area to cover the freight.

This so called "secret bid board" is nothing special guys; and if anything it benefits the Panther drivers. This is because the more loads "Panther brokers out" ((when they do not have one of their own vehicles in the area)) the more freight you will get from that customer in the future. If Panther started turning down all of their customers out west because they do not have drivers in the area (or one of their own drivers did not want to do a short run) those customers would not call Panther with loads.

So, people, lets not get ahead of ourselves here. If you were to have your own cargo insurance policy (1,000,000) general liability and (100,000) cargo, --which would cost you around 600 a month for one cargo van-- you could then haul freight from Panthers bid board. But, from what i've seen, there is not enough freight being brokered on their board to keep you busy all of the time, and you have to be in the right place at the right time.

People who have one cargo van and bid on Panthers board also have partner carrier agreements with multiple companies. Also, the "one man cargo van driver" as a partner carrier is a very rare thing, as the fixed operating costs are pretty high. So don't get all bent out of shape because Bolt or some other company runs that mini run that no one else wanted. After all "someones gotta service that customer" otherwise you have a very upset customer and you run the risk of losing that account.
    Last edited by dodgeboy; 12-10-2008 at 10:37 AM.
    bg101 likes this.

29. 14,275526,33978,7
    LDB

One correction to the above, Panther does not offer those loads to their own trucks before putting them on the broker board in every case and they aren't all dogs either. Some of them are excellent loads that any intelligent operator would take. Some of them are never offered to an actual Panther truck at all.

31. 15,275527,33978,7
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast