ExpeditersOnline.com
Try Hours
Bolt Express
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Posts
    159

    Viewing and Saving Electronic Logs

    I am able to successfully log onto the site. I selected the desired dates and then proceed. All I get is a blank white screen. Thinking it may take some time to load, I monitored it for up to 15 minutes - nothing. No information shows up. I have run trouble shooting, I have run Windows Updates, I have all the latest Updates for Adobe Reader 9.

    Is anyone else having a problem or are you able to successfully access copies of your logs?

    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by MYGIA; 02-22-2011 at 10:55 PM.

  2. 1,423628,46418,32
  3. #2
    Moderator TeamCaffee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Silex, MO, USA.
    Posts
    6,013

    Re: Viewing and Saving Electronic Logs

    Maybe this will help as I was just able to make it work using the steps listed below:


    Log on
    On top bar choose Reports
    Click on the calendar on the left
    Click on the date that you want or hit the back arrow to scroll back to the month and date you want.
    Click on the right calendar and go through the same motions
    Click on run report

    I run the report at the end of each month and save it to a file. When I name the file I use year / month format for name and than I add up the days we were on the road and include that in name for ease of adding days on the road at the end of the year. Using this format will keep the years together as we go forward.

    2011 01 25 Bobs logs
    2011 01 25 Lindas logs
    Last edited by TeamCaffee; 02-23-2011 at 06:06 AM. Reason: added
    Straight Truck Dry Box O/O Leased Exclusively to FedEx Custom Critical

    You cannot hang out with NEGATIVE people and expect to live a POSITIVE life.



    One of the Team Run Smart Pros

  4. 2,423642,46418,32
  5. #3
    18K Member layoutshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Monroe, MI.
    Posts
    32,438

    Re: Viewing and Saving Electronic Logs

    Mrs. Layoutshooter downloads the logs monthly. Saves the files so we have them .

    Duty Honor Integrity
    Peace Through Superior Firepower
    Security Through Strength

    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give it to those who would not"

    Thomas Jefferson

    Freedom is found only in self reliance

    Layoutshooter

  6. 3,423646,46418,32
  7. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    7,724

    Re: Viewing and Saving Electronic Logs

    I just tried ours for the first time today (only had the new device a short time). It worked fine. If you are having trouble accessing the reports, it may be due to a script blocking program, permissions your browser assigns to the Qualcomm site or similar issue.
    Last edited by ATeam; 02-23-2011 at 07:19 PM.
    Expediter 2003-2013. Straight truck. The husband half of a husband/wife team.

  8. 4,423780,46418,32
  9. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Posts
    159

    Re: Viewing and Saving Electronic Logs

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCaffee View Post
    Maybe this will help as I was just able to make it work using the steps listed below:


    Log on
    On top bar choose Reports
    Click on the calendar on the left
    Click on the date that you want or hit the back arrow to scroll back to the month and date you want.
    Click on the right calendar and go through the same motions
    Click on run report

    I run the report at the end of each month and save it to a file. When I name the file I use year / month format for name and than I add up the days we were on the road and include that in name for ease of adding days on the road at the end of the year. Using this format will keep the years together as we go forward.

    2011 01 25 Bobs logs
    2011 01 25 Lindas logs
    I am absolutely stymied on this one. I have done all of the following:

    · Contacted Tom at FDCC. He used all of my info and had no problem pulling it up.
    · I can log on to the site and it accepts my info, but the reports do not appear.
    · I followed all of the troubleshooting steps outlined under help at the QC site
    · I updated my Adobe 9
    · I ran Windows Update
    · I deleted Adobe 9 and downloaded and installed Adobe 10. That made things worse. I could not access any PDF files in any applications.
    · I went to systems restore and returned it to the status prior to installing Adobe 10
    · I then ran Windows Update again.
    · Now with Adobe 9 back in place I can access PDF files again in other apps as well as those saved on my laptop
    · I then went back to the QC site.
    · I was finally able to pull up copies of logs, BUT…only if I selected a range of 2 days or less. Requesting 3 or more days comes up a blank page.
    · And, even when I ask for 1 or 2 days, it does not come up right away, I get an error message, allow Windows to trouble shoot for a solution and then a minute later the log pages appear.

    Not sure what the deal is. It is frustrating and one would think based on what Bob and Linda wrote that one could retrieve a full month at a time.

    I am open to any input, suggestions or additional advise. Thanks.

  10. 5,423819,46418,32
  11. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    7,724

    Re: Viewing and Saving Electronic Logs

    When the blank page appears, what does it say in the address bar (the place where you type a web address like www.fedex.com)?
    Expediter 2003-2013. Straight truck. The husband half of a husband/wife team.

  12. 6,423824,46418,32
  13. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Posts
    159

    Re: Viewing and Saving Electronic Logs

    Quote Originally Posted by ATeam View Post
    When the blank page appears, what does it say in the address bar (the place where you type a web address like www.fedex.com)?
    It reads as follows:

    https://dhos.myqualcomm.com/dhm/page...1a485f55fb0898

    It has to be something on my laptop. In the e-mail back to me from Tom, he suggested I try using another computer. I called my son this evening and had him log on using my info. He accessed the entire last week of logs in 3.5 seconds. He saved them and e-mailed them to me as an attachement. I opened the e-mail and the attachment without any problems. I am baffled!

  14. 7,423850,46418,32
  15. #8
    Senior Member dieseldiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Somewhere, USA
    Posts
    3,207

    Re: Viewing and Saving Electronic Logs

    Quote Originally Posted by MYGIA View Post
    It reads as follows:

    https://dhos.myqualcomm.com/dhm/page...1a485f55fb0898

    It has to be something on my laptop. In the e-mail back to me from Tom, he suggested I try using another computer. I called my son this evening and had him log on using my info. He accessed the entire last week of logs in 3.5 seconds. He saved them and e-mailed them to me as an attachement. I opened the e-mail and the attachment without any problems. I am baffled!
    Try using a different browser. I used to swear by Firefox but found that it didn't always work best so I switch back and forth between that and Google Chrome, sometimes using IE but that is rare these days.




    ******************************************
    For Mark
    "La tristesse durera"
    ******************************************
    “My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty's lamp guiding your steps and opportunity's arm steadying your way.” – Ronald Reagan
    *******************************************

  16. 8,423851,46418,32
  17. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Posts
    159

    Re: Viewing and Saving Electronic Logs

    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldiva View Post
    Try using a different browser. I used to swear by Firefox but found that it didn't always work best so I switch back and forth between that and Google Chrome, sometimes using IE but that is rare these days.
    That did the trick. Changed to Firefox. Accessed it super fast and I could pull up all of the logs. Thank you for you help.

  18. 9,423857,46418,32
  19. #10
    Senior Member dieseldiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Somewhere, USA
    Posts
    3,207

    Re: Viewing and Saving Electronic Logs

    Quote Originally Posted by MYGIA View Post
    That did the trick. Changed to Firefox. Accessed it super fast and I could pull up all of the logs. Thank you for you help.
    You're welcome......glad my silly non-technical thingy worked for ya!




    ******************************************
    For Mark
    "La tristesse durera"
    ******************************************
    “My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty's lamp guiding your steps and opportunity's arm steadying your way.” – Ronald Reagan
    *******************************************

  20. 10,423859,46418,32
  21. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    7,724

    Re: Viewing and Saving Electronic Logs

    I of course cannot know for sure what is going on with your browser without looking at it but it sounds to me that you have a hijacking program lurking in your computer.

    Do a Google search on "About:Blank" to read about this hijacking program and others similar. Now that you are using Firefox, check out the add-ons:

    Tools|Add-ons|Get Add-ons|Browse All Add-ons|Privacy & Security

    Notice the Top Add-ons column on the Privacy & Security page.

    Unlike Microsoft, Firefox developers believe that your computer belongs to you. They provide a variety of helpful tools in that spirit.
    Expediter 2003-2013. Straight truck. The husband half of a husband/wife team.

  22. 11,423906,46418,32
  23. #12
    Moderator TeamCaffee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Silex, MO, USA.
    Posts
    6,013

    Re: Viewing and Saving Electronic Logs

    Quote Originally Posted by MYGIA View Post
    That did the trick. Changed to Firefox. Accessed it super fast and I could pull up all of the logs. Thank you for you help.
    Glad you got this working it sounds very frustrating.
    Straight Truck Dry Box O/O Leased Exclusively to FedEx Custom Critical

    You cannot hang out with NEGATIVE people and expect to live a POSITIVE life.



    One of the Team Run Smart Pros

  24. 12,423992,46418,32
  25. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Posts
    159

    Re: Viewing and Saving Electronic Logs

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCaffee View Post
    Glad you got this working it sounds very frustrating.
    Thank you. Yes it was. But - all's well that ends well.

  26. 13,424087,46418,32
  27. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Posts
    159

    Re: Viewing and Saving Electronic Logs

    Quote Originally Posted by ATeam View Post
    I of course cannot know for sure what is going on with your browser without looking at it but it sounds to me that you have a hijacking program lurking in your computer.

    Do a Google search on "About:Blank" to read about this hijacking program and others similar. Now that you are using Firefox, check out the add-ons:

    Tools|Add-ons|Get Add-ons|Browse All Add-ons|Privacy & Security

    Notice the Top Add-ons column on the Privacy & Security page.

    Unlike Microsoft, Firefox developers believe that your computer belongs to you. They provide a variety of helpful tools in that spirit.
    Thank you, Phil, for the follow up on this. I have always used IE and never thought about or even tried any other browsers before. I have already worked through some add ons and have been using Firefox a few times. It is much faster than IE.

    I did google About:Blank and did some reading. I will do more. At first blush, I am not sure it is this as it has only happened with that one site/application and none others. Also, none of the other factors referenced in the google search are happening on my laptop. But, I will keep reading and researching.

    I do have a number of software programs for both virus protection and also adware and malware. I run them daily.

    Again, thanks for the feedback.

  28. 14,424089,46418,32
  29. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Posts
    159

    Re: Viewing and Saving Electronic Logs

    Has anyone tried and/or been succesful at printing them?

    I can access them at the website. I have saved a copy to my laptop and can also access it there. But I can not print a copy from either location.

    ?????????????

  30. 15,426023,46418,32
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 10-28-2012, 12:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ExpeditersOnline.Com Copyright © 1999-2011 On Time Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
ExpeditersOnline.com © is a registered trademark of On Time Media, LLC

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2