Try Hours
Bolt Express
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008

    canadian authority

    What does a new US carrier have to do to move freight to and from Canada besides there drivers having identification? no hazmat, produce, passengers, or oversized freight

  2. Owner-Operators Wanted - Hiring in Most States!
    Premium Transportation Logistics
    Explore the Premium opportunities available by leasing on to Premium Transportation Logistics LLC. We are a well established 10 year old Expedite and Truckload Carrier. PTL LLC offers our drivers above average pay, premium support services and premium freight. Our drivers appreciate fast settlements (no holdback week), our helpful dispatch team and that our doors are always open to drivers. Call one of our recruiters today at 1-800-661-3166 option 3 for additional detials. Feel free to make an appointment to visit us prior to signing on.

  3. 1,267305,33165,11
  4. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Mississauga, Ont, Canada.

    Re: canadian authority

    What does a carrier have to do?
    Several Things:
    1-Apply and register with the CBSA. You will be assigned a CARRIER CODE.

    Commercial Carriers

    2 - There is no such thing as "Canadian" authority. Registration of carriers is handled by each province:
    Here is the link to the Ontario Ministry of Transport
    Trucks and Buses
    Every other province will have their's on the internet as well.

    It looks like if you are a member of the IRP that will mean you don't have to apply for an Ontario CVOR.

    Trucks bearing U.S. plates may operate in Ontario if the vehicle(s) was inspected, and an inspection report completed, in accordance with the daily inspection requirements of the U.S., or any province including Ontario or in accordance with National Safety Code Standard 13 as of May 2005 which is published by the Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators.

    Where an inspection was completed in accordance with U.S. requirements, the driver must carry and produce a post inspection report that is not more than 24 hours old. Where a driver does not have access to the vehicle's post inspection report, the driver must conduct an inspection in accordance with U.S. rules and carry a U.S. report that complies with U.S. requirements and that is not more than 24 hours old.

    I hope this helps.

  5. 2,267377,33165,11
  6. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008

    Re: canadian authority

    thank you for the information

  7. 3,269865,33165,11

Similar Threads

  1. Canadian Authority
    By youngsamuel in forum Canadian Expediters
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 12:38 PM
  2. Canadian Election
    By FIS53 in forum The Soapbox
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 02:08 PM
  3. canadian authority
    By transporter in forum The Newbies Paradise Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-09-2008, 10:41 AM
  4. What is a Canadian?
    By Lawrence in forum Canadian Expediters
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-31-2005, 10:49 PM
  5. Canadian clearance
    By abcwine in forum Ask The Recruiter
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-02-2004, 04:48 PM

Tags for this Thread


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
ExpeditersOnline.Com Copyright © 1999-2011 On Time Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
ExpeditersOnline.com © is a registered trademark of On Time Media, LLC

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2